I hope you had the most wonderful Christmas and the happiest of New Years!
This week I've really love reading my favourite blogs and their posts on their goals for 2016 so I thought I'd share mine too. Nothing like writing a public statement to make you accountable!
I have taken leave from my teaching job for the first three months of this year to work full time on my illustrations. I am hoping it is a period of growth and learning and I am so excited to spend all day drawing.
Here are some goals (little and small) I hope to have ticked off by this time next year:
- Write my first children's book (gosh - that's a biggie I know, but a long time coming)
- Consolidate my Illustrator skills - I'm thinking about taking The Design Garden's Foundation Class I'd love to know your feedback if you've done it!
- Open a clip art and surface pattern design paper section in the shop
- Design more free downloads for you lovely peeps (I'm so inspired by Wita!)
- Blog more of my inspiration (go read Bri's article about blogging and just high five her already)
- Learn to hand letter like a pro (instead of like someone who looks like they borrowed a pen from a three year old and scrawled something...arghhh!)
- Write letters to the people I love
- Act with more kindness in my everyday (starting with these ideas from NJ)
I hope you have some beautiful goals for this year that are inspiring you to make a great start to 2016. I'd love to hear what you're planning!
p.s. I found this gorgeous postcard (first picture above) at my local fish and chip shop. The hand lettering is so inspiring! Go check out Erin's work - she's a real gem.